Wednesday, May 16, 2018
arrival: 5:15 pm
performance: 6:30 pm
clinic: 7:00 pm
Stage A – Walter Hall, Edward Johnson Building
University of Toronto, 80 Queens Park, Toronto, ON
All adjudicated ensemble performances (Stages A, B, C & D) are open to the general public, free of charge. Spectators are encouraged to come and hear the finest young musicians in Canada. For more information about the festival, see www.musicfest.ca, and check the Musicfest calendar.
The objectives of MusicFest Canada are:
- To provide an opportunity for students and educators from across Canada and elsewhere to meet and to demonstrate and to share their musical achievements and creativity.
- To evaluate and reflect on musical achievement and creativity in a constructive and educationally focused way.
- To encourage the study and performance of music written and arranged by Canadian composers.
- To complement and enhance the teaching, learning and growing process.
- To foster and promote a lifelong interest in music as a basic human experience.
There are four Festival Divisions which operate concurrently within MusicFest Canada and are denoted below.
High Rendition Jazz is in Category A-Instrumental Jazz.
A – Instrumental Jazz (jazz combos, jazz ensembles, traditional jazz and world music)
B – Concert Band (bands, guitar ensembles, percussion ensembles and chamber ensembles)
C – Choral/Vocal (vocal jazz/contemporary ensembles, concert/chamber and combination choirs)
O – Orchestra/Strings